Trying to upgrade or install applications from the Windows 10 Store failed with 0x80070006 error code. I couldn’t find a solution.
Previously, the same apps lost my account credentials.
“Hmmmm,” I said to myself. Poking and proding, I figured out the problem was caused by instability with my SD card because of Windows 10’s sleep problems.
I moved my apps back to the c: drive. That fixed the problem – so far, anyway.
Here’s what I emailed the Tweetium folks about this issue:
I think it’s a cascade problem with SP4 W10 sleep issues & installing apps to the non-system drive.
I had to hard cycle my SP4 a few times. It caused my D: drive to appear “unclean” to the OS. That’s where I installed my Windows Store apps.
I changed my power settings to hibernate on “lid close”.
Scanning the D: drive, both in Windows 10 and on the next reboot, made it so that apps worked – even Tweetium with my lost accounts. I moved said apps to the C: system drive. All is good.
BTW, another indicator of the problem is error 0x80070006 in Windows Store when upgrading or installing apps.